The AFF Board has approved the introduction of a revised AFF Selection Policy, to take effect from 12 March 2017.
The revised Policy makes a significant structural change to the existing Policy, with the provisions common to all age categories now consolidated into a single section so as to reduce duplication.
Some of the key changes to the substantive provisions of the policy include:
1) the amendment of the selection criteria for Asian Zone Championships to provide for equality of selection as between AFT and AFS fencers;
2) the introduction of provisions clarifying the process for individual and team selection for FIE, EFC and FCA events (where no call for nominations is made);
3) the expansion of provisions regarding team selection to provide for a greater variety of team events (eg mixed ages, genders, weapons etc);
4) the introduction of provisions regarding the replacement of a selected fencer who subsequently withdraws from an event; and
5) the correction of certain anomalies in Appendix A to allow for the allocation of points where none were previously available (eg where a lower age category fencer competing in a higher age category event was previously eligible to earn points in the higher age category but not in the lower age category).